What is Accent Management?
Everyone has an accent and it is vital to cultural identity. Unfortunately, when accented speech is difficult to understand, it may cause frustration, decrease confidence and create obstacles in the workplace. To communicate with clarity, learning targeted strategies will increase fluidity and confidence. At AAM, we do not reduce or eliminate accents, we provide insight and strategies for effective communication.
Who is Accent Management For?
If you have learned to speak English as a second language, or are a native English speaker with a heavy regional accent, you may want to modify your speech.
Do you find that people often:
- Ask you to repeat yourself?
- Appear to work hard to understand you?
- Brush over what you say because they aren't really hearing you?
- Try to cut conversations short?
These may be some signs that people find it difficult to understand you.
Accent Management Service Features
· Individualized assessments include the following: pronunciation of sounds, syllables and stress, rate of speech, intonation, muscular force, grammatical use.
· Evaluation of client’s native or primary language and the impact it has on English pronunciation.
· Custom program based on assessment and client’s individual goals.
Benefits of Accent Management
· Improved communication with colleagues, clients/customers and acquaintances.
· Increased job opportunities and career advancement.
· Fewer errors due to miscommunication.
· Enhanced fluidity and confidence in communication.
Services Offered Include
· Individual on-site sessions (contact us to find a location near you).
· Online services through our video-conferencing platform.
· Corporate accent management cohort programs on-site at your place of employment.
Our accent management processes are designed to empower you or your team and outfit them with the tools they need to succeed. Talk to us today about how we can support your growth, limit your turnover, and put you on a solid track to success, profit and confidence.
Copyright © 2020 Corporate Communication Management - All Rights Reserved.